[Linux-cluster] Cluster1, RHEL4 gfs_fsck

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue May 20 17:23:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 13:18 -0400, Wes Young wrote:
> That's the problem though, it won't actually let me mount the "disk"
> because of this problem.

Hm.  That must be some crazy corruption to not even allow a mount.

> Sounds like my best option is to try and patch the gfs_fsck code in
> RHE4 and see if it still seg-faults on me...

I'd try the second bug's patch first.  If that doesn't work,
try the third bug's patch.

> If that doesn't work, i'm guessing a move to RHEL5 would be the next
> step, but given the actual value of the data, probably not worth it at
> this point.
>
> Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes.

I wouldn't mind getting a look at the corruption, so let me
know if you want to go that route.  Saving the metadata does not
save any user data, so your confidentiality is protected.
I'll see what I can do to get that tool functional again.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS