[Linux-cluster] New fencing method

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue May 20 22:13:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 03:35:18PM -0400, Lon Hohberger wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 08:41 +0200, Darek Skorupa wrote:
> > > However, I'm having trouble finding how to integrate my script into
> > > the fence_node system.  Is there a config file somewhere, or will I
> > > need to build a custom version of fence_node?
> > >

> > I think, you should copy fence_snmp script to /sbin folder and if script
> > will exit with '0' status fencing is successful in otherwise is
> > unsuccessful.
> >

> That's step one.
>
> The agent as noted doesn't appear to take arguments from STDIN.  Try
> looking here for more information:
>
>    http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI

Awesome - thanks for the pointer.  That makes so much more sense and
explains how fence_tool can introspect the options passed to the
particular fencer.

I've attached an updated version that follows the specifications at
the above link.  I've got a two node cluster running configured with
it, though I haven't done any substantial testing yet.

Thanks for the help - feel free to use/distribute/forget about it :)
--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

man in the bonds of Hell."