[Linux-cluster] cman_tool returns Flags: Dirty

denis denisb+gmane at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:25:02 UTC 2008

Hi list,

Sorry for the noise, but I thought posting my results with the update to
RHEL5.2 would be of interest to a few of you.

The node that has been updated to RHEL5.2 seems to operate very nicely
in the cluster so far. After a boot it did rejoin the cluster, and got
back its affinity assigned service.

Quorum disk operations resumed after a bit too.

The only warning sign I can see is this output from cman_tool status :

# cman_tool status
Version: 6.1.0
Config Version: 39
Cluster Name: cluster_clustername
Cluster Id: 19444
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 776
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected votes: 3
Total votes: 3
Quorum: 2
Active subsystems: 10
Flags: Dirty
Ports Bound: 0 11 177
Node name: nodename.customername.com
Node ID: 1

What does "Flags: Dirty" mean? Is it anything to worry about?
Google was unhelpful.

Regards
--
Denis