Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS implementation

Mag Gam wrote:
Hello:

I am planning to implement GFS for my university as a summer project. I have 10 servers each with SAN disks attached. I will be reading and writing many files for professor's research projects. Each file can be anywhere from 1k to 120GB (fluid dynamic research images). The 10 servers will be using NIC bonding (1GB/network). So, would GFS be ideal for this? I have been reading a lot about it and it seems like a perfect solution.

Any thoughts?

Please remember about fencing.

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki