[Linux-cluster] Distributed RAID

Hi everyone,

I have just read that GFS on mdadm does not work because mdadm is not cluster aware. I really hoped to build a n + 1 RAID of the disks I have presented to the RHCS nodes via iSCSI. I had a look at DDRAID which is old and looks like it only supports 3, 5 and 9 disks in the distributed RAID. I currently only have two (multipathed) devices, but I want them to be active-active. If I put them into a mirrored logical volume in CLVM will this do the trick? Or will I have to install DRDB? Is there any more up-to-date distributed RAID options available for when I want to make a 2 + 1, 3 +1, etc storage array? There are some posts that say this may be available in CLVM soon or that mdadm may be cluster aware soon. Any progress on either of these options?

Any help on this would be great. Thanks, Mike