[Linux-cluster] gfs2 convert hosed all VMs

I just converted a shared file-backed Xen VM GFS filesystem to a GFS2 filesystem.  The conversion was successfully and all my files appear intact.  I followed the GFS instructions by unmounting the filesystem on all machines, running gfs_fsck, and gfs2_covert.

Since I converted the filesystem, all my file-backed Xen VMs can no longer boot.  pygrub reports errors that the boot loader isn't returning any data.  If I edit the Xen config to boot of a kernel on the DomU, VMs still can't start up because LVM cannot identify any volume groups.

If I try to access the VM device files locally via losetup and kpartx, I get "read errors".

So what's the deal  I know GFS2 is a preview, but I have to assume I've missed some crucial step here.

--
Dave Costakos
mailto:david costakos gmail com