[Linux-cluster] slow lock performance

Hello,

I have a little problem with my GFS2 installation.

My Company have a little bit old business software (written in clipper), but our programmers can compile itt o linux platform with the xHarbour compiler. The sw uses DBF databases to store data.

Here is the problem:

We have 100-150 client computers, that mean we must run 100-150 (minimum) application on our servers. The problem is the GFS or GFS2 locking. If i mount the storage GFS/GFS2 partition with the localflocks option, then the application is running very fast (slower like ext3, but fast). Without the localflocks option the applications is slow down. If i enable cluster wide flocks, then my apps running approx. 100-140X slower.

Can anybody help me? Any useful mount option, gfs tune option, etc.etc..

Thank you in anticipation!

Best regards,

Zoltan Kiss

system administrator