[Linux-cluster] Is GFS2 stable for production system?

Kevin Anderson kanderso at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 19:54:24 UTC 2008

For anything prior to the latest Fedora 9/10 kernels and RHEL 5.3, GFS2
is not considered stable and has known blatant issues with cluster
coherent operations.   RHEL 5.3 beta has been released with a working
GFS2. This will move from our tech preview status to supported when RHEL
5.3 GA version.  No one should be running GFS2 in a cluster production
environment prior to these versions.

Kevin