[Linux-cluster] RedHat Cluster Suite cluster resource management

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 22:02:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 15:14 +0100, Mauro Casiraghi wrote:
> I had created this cluster configuration with Redhat Cluster Suite
>
> I Have one Service Group with the follow resources
>
> Service Group Name : WEB
>
> Resources of the service group:
>
> 1) IP_ADRESS
> 2) APACHE
>
> The resource dependency are:
>
> The Apache resource is dependent of ip_adress

Assuming you are running RHEL 5.3 beta or RHEL5.2 (or using stable2
branch of linux-cluster):

<rm>
  <service name="apache" depend="service:ip_address">
    <script name="my_apache_script" ... />
  </service>
  <service name="ip_address" >
    <ip adress="my_ip_address"/>
  </service>
</rm>

[NOTE: that because rgmanager is an 'event-action' (not 'dependency
modeling') between services, disabling ip_address will cause a
successive transition of apache, not a preceding transition.]

OR..........

<rm>
  <service name="apache_service">
    <script name="my_apache_script" ... />
    <ip adress="my_ip_address"/>
  </service>
</rm>

Start the service, then do:

  'clusvcadm -Z apache_service'

... then do whatever you want, then ...

  'clusvcadm -U apache_service'

[NOTE: 5.3 beta or STABLE2 branch ONLY!]

-- Lon