Re: [Linux-cluster] What is the proper way to grow LVM/GFS volumes

2008/11/19 Alan A <alan zg gmail com>
I did. After running lvextend command 'clvmd -R' failed on node2. Then I fenced the node2 (fenmrdev02) and run the clvmd -R again, this time without problems. I tried lvextend again - I get the same problem, and again clvmd -R times out.

I have also encountered this problem several times, and although this list seems to recommend running clvmd -R it has in fact never helped the situation (I'm running centos 5.2). The only way I can solve this problem is by rebooting all nodes in the cluster and then extending the lv.

Regards

Mikko