[Linux-cluster] what is it "the same network path"?

hello,
what is it "the same network path" - mentioned in http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#two_node_correct ?

I have two node cluster using HP iLO fencing. the iLO interfaces are connected in separate VLAN and the interfaces used for CMAN communication are connected to another VLAN (but both provided by single switch).

do I need quorum disc for such configuration?

currently I don't use quorum disc and the nodes easily end in fence loop (if not booted in exactly same time) - is this because I am breaking "the same network path" rule? why?

bye stepan.