Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS as a service

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Bob Peterson <rpeterso redhat com> wrote:
Yes, the gfs init script reads fstab.  It's the "as a service"
qualifier that is confusing.  To clarify: For mounting gfs file
systems automatically, you have two choices:

1. Put your gfs mount points into /etc/fstab and enable /etc/init.d/gfs
  so that it runs at startup.  You can do this on all nodes because
  gfs is cluster-aware, so all your nodes may mount it at the same time.
2. Put your gfs mounts in your cluster configuration (cluster.conf) as
  services, and let rgmanager take care of mounting and unmounting as
  necessary on the nodes where you have the service defined.
  (This may or may not be done via conga/ricci/luci--I always do it by
  hand).

This was how I had figured it out too, thanks for the clarification.

On a side note: we do exactly like Jeremy Lyon is describing and it seems to be the easiest and most flexible way of handling the mounts.

Regards

Mikko