[Linux-cluster] ioctl(fd,SIOCGARP,ar [eth0]): No

James McElhone James.McElhone at digital-dispatch.com
Fri Nov 21 09:32:42 UTC 2008

Hello

I have a 2 node RHEL 3.0 running RHCS 3.  We have had a few issues where
the services are failing over for no apparent reason and with logging
level on Normal there has been nothing to go on.

I recently increasing logging level to debug and setup logs away from
/var/log/messages to cluster.log.  I have noticed the following errors
on the Passvie node since the change in logging level.  Can anyone
suggest the problem:

ioctl(fd,SIOCGARP,ar [eth0]): No such device or address

Pinging between both nodes works fine.

Thanks