RE: [Linux-cluster] GFS as a service

Great!  I can do both.  Can someone explain to me just for clarification purposes why I would define a resource?  What does it do?

---

Chris Edwards

From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Lyon
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:09 PM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS as a service

Ok, so which is better for a Red Hat cluster?

I prefer to do both.  Since they are GFS I want them mounted on all nodes at boot.  So the entries are in /etc/fstab and /etc/init.d/gfs is enabled.  Then I configure the gfs resources and do not enable the force unmount.  So the cluster will mount the file system when needed, if for some reason it was not mounted.  And it will leave the file system as is when the service switches to another node.

-Jeremy