Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS as a service

----- "Chris Edwards" <cedwards smartechcorp net> wrote:
| Great! I can do both. Can someone explain to me just for clarification
| purposes why I would define a resource? What does it do?
|
| Chris Edwards

Hi Chris,

The purpose of these "services" in rgmanager is to define and manage
any cluster-wide resource and to make sure that if a node fails,
the service continues running somewhere in the cluster.  In other
words, the ball is handed to any remaining nodes when a failure
occurs.  Running the service then becomes the responsibility of the
entire cluster, or a pre-defined list of nodes in the cluster.  See:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/RGManager#rgm_what

and the entries that follow on that page.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS