Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS performance of imap service (Maildir)

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 17:44 +0800, Achievement Chan wrote:

> I've setup a courier-imap server which store the email data in Maildir format.
> The mailbox are saved under a LUN in ISCSI SAN.

I have no experience running the Courier IMAP server.  However, the
Dovecot[0] IMAP/POP server implementation -- which maintains its own
indexes of mbox / maildir contents -- may provide better performance in
this configuration.

Cheers,
David

[0] http://www.dovecot.org/
--
David McBride <dwm doc ic ac uk>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London