[Linux-cluster] Using dlm in my own applications

Hello,

I have my own application and i would like to cluster it. I tested it on many paralell filesystems, but the database byte range locking performance is very slow (15-20 times slower than a local fs).

After a month of testing, i figured it out - with the help of linux-cluster irc channel members – i must use the dlm directly to speed up things, and bypass openais.

Can anybody help me, how can i write the dlm locking code to my application? I tried it with the examples, the manuals, and i can’t understand it clearly how can i write the fcntl() lock fuction with the DLM api. Any suggestion, or a little example of code are welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Zoltan Kiss

System Administrator