[Linux-cluster] Cisco working configuration

Antonio Dias accdias+cluster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:30:26 UTC 2008

Hi, Jakub,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 16:04, Jakub Suchy <jakub.suchy at enlogit.cz> wrote:
> RHEL5.2 cluster + Cisco 6500/4500/3500 infrastructure, heartbeat going
> through these switches, nodes are not linked through crossover cable.

I believe you just need to force all nodes to "speak" IGMPv2. Do this:

for iface in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*; do
  echo '2' > $iface/force_igmp_version
done

On each node and probably it will work after. Cisco switches generally
speak IGMPv2 and Linux defaults to IGMPv3. RHCS depends on multicast
to work properly and multicast depends on IGMP.

You will need to set this in /etc/sysctl.conf to make it persistent
between reboots. Do this:

cat << EOF >> /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv4.conf.all.force_igmp_version = 2
net.ipv4.conf.default.force_igmp_version = 2
EOF

Let us know if this resolve your problem.

--
Antonio Dias