[Linux-cluster] Cluster Aware Software RAID (md)

Has any progress been made on this? I saw some posts from 3-4 years ago in the OpenGFS archives saying it was worked on, but not seen anything since.

What I'm tring to do is have 2 servers with RAID15 (or 16, or 10) between them. Have each disk mirrored with DRBD, and md RAID on top (and GFS on top of that).

I can see this would work with a fail-over configuration, but in active-active there would be RAID metadata inconsistencies. Is there a way to handle the active-active scenario?

I could invert the md and DRBD layers, but this would result in a massive reduction in fault tolerance (RAID51 instead RAID15), so I'd rather like to avoid this.

TIA.

Gordan