Re: [Linux-cluster] Avoiding fencing loops with startup quorum (patch)

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM, David Teigland <teigland redhat com> wrote:
>> I tried this before but the downsides were:
>>
>> - long waits due not  being in quorum (fence timeout is 600 seconds by
>> default)
>
> cman_tool join -w can will possibly wait a long time if the other node
> is not up or is partitioned.  That's the price you pay for avoiding the
> potential back-and-forth fencing loop.

I'll pay :-)
I quickly made a patch (in attachment).

Tested with:

# cat /etc/sysconfig/cman
CMAN_QUORUM_TIMEOUT=10
CMAN_EXPECTED_QUORUM=1

Working fine for now. More testing after the weekend. :-)
Comments are welcome.

--
Federico.