[Linux-cluster] ipfails

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 20:36:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 11:56 -0400, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 23:50 +0200, max liccardo wrote:
> > hi cluster masters,
> > I'm using linux-HA and linux-cluster on separate project.
> > I'm wondering if I can use with linux-cluster something like the
> > linux-ha ping nodes, in order to have some sort of "network quorum".
> > bye
>
> Currently, no, but you could build a daemon which did this and talked
> the CMAN quorum API to do this.

Actually, I have something partially prototyped to do "simple IP
tiebreaker" sort of thing like this.  It's based on what we had in
clumanager a few years ago, and only works in limited cases (i.e. 2 node
clusters).

It kind of plugs in the same way as qdiskd but is far simpler (and, of
course, doesn't require a disk).  I could finish up pretty quickly if
you cared to test it.

-- Lon