Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster/GFS issue.

Greetings,

2008/10/29 Dave Costakos <david costakos gmail com>
Usually, when I hear about problems like this, it is often a multicast issue -- at least from my experience.

Yes, that is one possibility that must be checked.

I would avoid putting startup commands in /etc/rc.local as some suggest -- seems like a red herring to me.

Trust me,it is not a Red Herring. This method worked for a three node cluster (one node had a different configuration) as this ensures that any device drivers (Like SAS DAS box Which I came across once) which are not "burnt" into initrd but are later loaded when the full system is booted.

The  rc.local method worked reliably compared to the /etc/fstab entries. But then YMMV.

Regards,

Rajagopal