Re: [Linux-cluster] VM migration

2008/9/2 Mark Chaney <macscr macscr com>

Are you using shared storage? Is far as I know, the current cluster suite wont do an automatic live migration to another server during a reboot, but it will do the live migration back after the reboot. Does that make sense?

From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Paras pradhan
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 2:55 PM
To: linux-cluster redhat com
Subject: [Linux-cluster] VM migration

Hi,

I am running a cluster having 2 nodes using red hat cluster suite in CentOS 5.2. node 1 has a para virtualized guest(centOS)  running under Xen. My question is when node1 is rebooted, guest is automatically relocated to node 2 . Instead of relocation, is migration possible in this case which can result in Zero down time?

Thanks in adv

Paras.