[Linux-cluster] Two node cluster, quorum disk?

Hi all, can anyone tell me if it's mandatory the use of a quorum disk on a two node cluster. Both nodes are connected to a SAN via two HBA's (I'm using multipath).
The cluster will be configured in active/passive mode, supporting a database service.

From red hat documentation: "Configuring qdiskd is not required unless you have special requirements for node health."

Any recommendations or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.