[Linux-cluster] fast_stafs

Hi,

I was reading through a write up on fast_statsf, http://people.redhat.com/rpeterso/Patches/GFS/readme.gfs_fast_statfs.R4.  In the explanation of how the code works in 2.6 states:

2.6 Local change (delta) is synced to disk whenever quota daemon is
waked up and the (a tunable, default to 5 seconds). It is then
subsequently zeroed out.
Does this mean that I can't mount a GFS file system with the noquota option and use fast_statfs?

Also, am I correct in understanding that if there is an unclean shutdown that it is best to turn off fast_statfs  and then back on to get the statfs data in sync on existing nodes?

Thanks
Jeremy