[Linux-cluster] RE: HP DL380 G4 & cluster fencing options

Hofmeister, James (WTEC Linux) james.hofmeister at hp.com
Sat Sep 27 04:41:57 UTC 2008

Hello Dave,

RE: HP DL380 G4 & cluster fencing options

Using ILO fencing should work fine as long as the ILO for 'all' of the cluster node are connected to the same physical network and IP subnet.  The ILO IP network does not need to be the same as the heartbeat/admin traffic network.

Regards,
James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard Linux Solutions Engineer