RE: [Linux-cluster] proper cluster crash procedures?

Thanks for the tips, but Ive found that one of my biggest problems is getting the services to actually stop. The Cluster Service Manager usually hangs when I try to stop it.

Also, did you take a look at my editions to this thread? I listed my cluster.conf and some of the error messages I have been getting.

From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Alan A
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:26 PM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] proper cluster crash procedures?

I am not sure that this will help but try disabling following services before reboot and then have them join the cluster afterwards:
chkconfig rgmanager off
chkconfig gfs off
chkconfig clvmd off
chkconfig cman off

Then when node is up - start the services in this order
service cman start
service clvmd start
service gfs start
service rgmanager start

Stopping services should go in the reverse order. Don't forget to chkconfig <servicename> on after you have the cluster working again.