[Linux-cluster] cluster email

We are running a 2 node cluster in an active / passive configuration.
When running a sendmail on the passive host, we get a message saying
it can not bind to the vip address (because that address is on the
active.)  Is there a way to configure sendmail / postfix to still be
able to send outgoing messages on the passive node.