[Linux-cluster] Can not mount GFS2 after upgrading to 5.3?

Theophanis Kontogiannis theophanis_kontogiannis at yahoo.gr
Mon Apr 6 21:59:12 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I have a 2 nodes cluster that has a GFS2 filesystem, created with 5.2

Now I have clean installed 5.3 and gfs2-utils-0.1.53-1.el5_3.1

I try to mount my GFS2 and I get the following error:

/sbin/mount.gfs2: bad seek: Invalid argument on line 276 of file util.c

I hope this does not mean that I cannot have backwards compatibility with my
GFS2 created with RHEL 5.2 and also that I cannot mount it now under 5.3 (or
this is exactly what it means??!! ;) )

Any help to mount my fs?

Thank you all for your time

Theophanis Kontogiannis