Re: [Linux-cluster] Freeze with cluster-2.03.11

Kadlecsik Jozsef wrote:

EXPORT_SYMBOL(inode_lock);

line to fs/inode.c, recompiled the kernel and the modules.

Starting mailman in the test environment did not produce the almost
instant freeze. I started/stopped mailman several times and the system
worked just fine. So I believe the patch above and the plus line in
fs/inode.c fix the reported problem. I dunno whether modifying
fs/inode.c is acceptable or not...

Glad to learn you got it working! Send your patch to cluster-devel to see whether GFS team could take it. I personally think any other solution, though doable, would not worth the effort. And people using upstream kernel needs to do recompiling anyway so that EXPORT_SYMBOL thing should not be too bad.

-- Wendy