Re: [Linux-cluster] really reliable?

No no no, I haven't modified any of the init files...these are out of the box...

Steven Dake wrote:
On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 22:52 +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
David Teigland wrote:

Even when I try to reboot the nodes, I can't because the whole system hangs on various processes that don't ever shut down. I have to physically reboot these boxes.
If something has gone wrong, it's often impossible to shutdown without a hard
reboot.  Even when things are working, rebooting can be a delicate task
because the system may easily be configured to stop things in the wrong order,
and one thing out of place can cause a wreck.
If things don't come down in the correct order using the standard init scripts, you should file a bug report about this. I've never seen it happen on any of my clusters.

I believe he means the administrator makes a configuration change to the
init scripts which result in a shutdown not working.  RHCS amplifies
this problem somewhat so more care must be taken in these situations.

regards
-steve

Gordan