[Linux-cluster] Fenced failing continuously

Marek Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 07:45:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

Robert Hurst wrot

> There is user-contributed fence_ilo patch listed somewhere in this
> list worth investigating -- it runs A LOT FASTER than the stock one.
> AFAIK, the fence_ilo does not use ssh, but a sort of web soap services
> call via https.  We have seen in production and testing that a typical
> fencing operation using fence_ilo is 42-seconds, and a good percentage
> of time, up to twice as long as that.  The bladecenter fencing
> operations we have seen occur in under 7-seconds.

Fence_ilo script available in newer updates is in python as it does not
have these problems. If you have one, please report it into bugzilla.

Fence_ilo is not using ssh as there were problems with several firmware
version and their ability to do hard-reboot. Their RIBCL (http/ssl)
language did not have such problems.

marx,