[Linux-cluster] Question about gnbd_import

Jonathan Bayles JBayles at readytechs.com
Thu Apr 16 14:47:49 UTC 2009

I am a gnbd newbie who is using gnbd to export LV's from a one server to
another. I have two servers exporting unique gnbd devices, I would like
to import both sets of block devices onto the same server. Are there any
considerations? At the moment it looks like there is some hidden unique
identifier problem, wherein, when I start to import from server B at a
certain point it stops and throws an error(names and such altered to
appease management), is this a problem with some kind of UID or
major/minor numbers? Any insight would be appreciated:

[root at serverC ~]# gnbd_import -ni serverA
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceA
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceB
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceC
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceD
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceE
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceF
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceG
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceH
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceI
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started

[root at serverC ~]# gnbd_import -ni serverB
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceX
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceY
gnbd_recvd: gnbd_recvd started
gnbd_import: created gnbd device deviceZ
gnbd_recvd: ERROR login refused by the server, quitting : No such file
or directory
gnbd_import: ERROR gnbd_recvd failed

Jonathan Bayles
Network Engineer