[Linux-cluster] CVS in a cluster

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Sun Apr 19 06:30:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 04:04:06PM -0400, Jonathan Weismann wrote:
> Pserver: Yes we use Pserver configuration to access our cvs repositories. I
> wasn't the inital creator of this setup but I know we have to edit that
> pserver file to add in repos.

	CVS uses lock files.  So ocfs2 and gfs2 should both work just
fine with pserver processes running on multiple nodes.  I think you just
set up your cluster and run pserver on all the nodes, and you are good
to go.  Use a round-robin CNAME to make one server address speak to all
nodes.

Joel

--

"The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other
 people."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle