Re: [Linux-cluster] How to extract an rpm for use on another server?

A little off topic isn't it?

On Apr 18, 2009, at 23:04, "sunhux G" <sunhux gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I've just installed an rpm ( VMWare-esx-vmx-3.5.0-158869.i386.rpm )
and this caused the entire ESX/VMWare to panic/crash whenever a
VM in this VMWare is started.

I've just done "rpm -e --nodeps -allmatches VMware-esx- vms-3.5.-158869)
and would like to put back the old rpm 64607 :

   VMWare-esx-3.5.0-64607

However, I could not find 64607 from anywhere (requires a code), so I'll need to extract this 64607 rpm from my other ESX servers : is this possible
& what's the command.

If it's not possible to build the 64607 rpm from an existing ESX which has not been patched yet, appreciate if someone can point me to where I could
download it

Tks