Re: [Linux-cluster] Two node cluster without quorum disk

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:14:49 +0100, Ralph Zukeb <ralphzukeb gmail com>
wrote:
> 2009/4/22 Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik gmail com>:
>> On Wednesday 22 Apr 2009 15:25:32 Ralph Zukeb wrote:
>>> Hello again! Thanks for the tips so far.
>>>
>>> How can I ensure that the node holding the services and resources in a
>>> two node cluster keeps holding them if the two nodes cannot see each
>>> other?
>>>
>>> I am not using a quorum disk.
>>
>> <cman two_nodes="1" expected_votes="1"/>
>>
>> Make sure you configure fencing properly though. Also, getting rid of
the
>> two_node attribute requires a full cluster restart.
>>
>> Mrugesh
>>

> I tried this, but when I killed the switch for the cluster traffic,
> BOTH nodes got fenced! Can I avoid this?

One option would be to edit the fencing agents to include a different
delay on both nodes. (e.g. put something like sleep 10 in the fencing
agent on the secondary node). That will make sure that the secondary
node loses the fencing shootout.

Gordan