[Linux-cluster] help understanding How service ip works

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:58:49 UTC 2009

Hello all

This is not a support question. Is about understanding how the service ip
works.

I don´t understand where this ghost ip is. I can't see it with ifconfig in
any of the nodes but it's there because it answers to my packets.

I think it´s related to multicasting but I don´t see how. I can get the
multicast ip of my nodes with, for example, cman_tool status. But I can' t
get the service IP.

I have read about multicast ( http://www.firewall.cx/multicast-intro.php,
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Multicast-HOWTO.html) but dont see the light.

any resource(man page, howto, explanation...) is wellcome

Thanks in advance

ESG