Re: [Linux-cluster] OCFS2 and SAN MultiPath I/O

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:53:26AM -0300, Flavio Junior wrote:
> I'm setting up an IMAP server using postfix and dovecot.
> I've a IBM DS4700 storage configured with RDAC I/O multipath and using
> OCFS2 as filesystem, everything works fine.
>
> The problem comes when my first I/O path goes down, apparently this
> generate a kernel oops and I got my two servers fenced. Is there a way
> to configure a good fence but still make use of multipath IO using
> OCFS2?

	What's the oops look like?  You shouldn't get an oops from a
path going down.  If you do, of course the machine is going to reboot -
it's in a broken state.  You're using RDAC, not dm-multipath, so I'm
betting you have to ask IBM why their multipath code is oopsing.
	As a short sanity check, make sure ocfs2 is mounted on the
multipath device, not a component path.

Joel

--

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level
 wouldn't cure."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle