Re: [Linux-cluster] CLVMD without GFS

Hi Rafael,
Of course, that is what I was telling you the other day, your script works fine, but I just wanted to twist a little clvm.
The prerequisites are already setup (locking type, dm-mp, lvm, etc...).
The only thing that disturbes me is that you can bypass under certain conditions the locking.
Thanks for the help
Brem

2009/8/1 Rafael Micó Miranda <rmicmirregs gmail com>
Hi Brem,

El vie, 31-07-2009 a las 06:09 -0400, crosa redhat com escribió:

> [...]

Sorry, i'm not sure if I missed this mail.

Maybe i need to explain a couple of things first, just to make them
clear.

As part of the use of the lvm-cluster.sh resource script, you need to:

1.- Configure properly the lock type into lvm.conf to type 3 (example
into this link:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2009-July/msg00253.html

)

2.- Configure your multipathing software

3.- Create your Physical Volumes

4.- Configure your Volume Groups as clustered Volume Groups

5.- Create your Logical Volumens into the clustered Volume Groups

6.- And, and the not so obvious, de-activate all the Logical Volumes you
plan to use as exclusive Logical Volumes (using exclusive flag).

De-activation can be done with "vgchange -an volgrp01/logvol01" or
similar command.

If you don't do step 6, you will receive an error message when executing
"lvchange -aey volgrp01/logvol01". This command is executed (with the
proper volume group and logical volume names) internally in the resource
script.

I designed the lvm-cluster.sh resource script to be verbose, maybe you
can copy here your logs (default to /var/log/messages on RHEL systems).

Cheers and thanks,

Rafael

--
Rafael Micó Miranda