Re: [Linux-cluster] MySQL with datadir on GFS volume

Hi.

Gordan Bobic wrote:
has someone set-up an MySQL server (failover, 1 active node) using GFSv2
as filesystem for the datadir? I would be interested in the required changes
to the configuration and startup scripts to get this running.

If you are only using it in fail-over mode (i.e. you define a mysqld script
resource tied to a fail-over IP in cluster.conf), and you will never start
it up simultaneously on more than one machine, then it should just work out
of the box.

Unfortunately not, it complains not to be able to open and lock the privilege tables:
"[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'host' is
 read only"
despite permissions and paths are right. Am I missing something regarding locking on GFSv2?

Thanks a lot!
Marko