[Linux-cluster] Re: GFS2 corruption/withdrawal/crash (Bob Peterson)

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 14:11:59 UTC 2009

----- "Wendell Dingus" <wendell at bisonline.com> wrote:
| I had emailed this to you directly Bob but perhaps you didn't get it.
| The URL is an IP address and some folks SPAM/malware filters might
| balk at that. So I'll be a bit more vague in how I pass it on this
| time in hopes of that not happening...
|
| Here is the GFS2 metadata file. Be forewarned though, it's 2.8GB
| compressed.

Hi Wendell,

I just wanted to send you a progress report: After running all last
night, my fsck.gfs2 on your metadata is 39% into pass1.  So far it
has not found anything wrong, but it has a long way to go.

Fwiw, I recently wrote some performance improvements for gfs1's fsck,
(they're not available yet, except as a patch in the bugzilla)
and I hope to port them to gfs2's fsck when I can.  Unfortunately,
I need to get through this set of patches first before I can start
with that.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems