Re: [Linux-cluster] fence device

1) You can use fence_manual if you don't have a real fence device. Not recommended, of course.

2) I believe you want to look at Pirhana

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:08 AM, LEROUX Ludovic <ironludo free fr> wrote:
i have a linux redhat cluster with two redhat 5.3 nodes.
I have a shared iscsi disk with gfs.
And i created an oracle service which mounts the gfs file system and start an oracle instance in fail over mode.
I have two questions:
1°) I don't have a fence device. Is it possible to create a cluster without a fence device?
2°) is it possible to create a high available cluster with two or more nodes which works together (for example http server).
Thanks.
Ludo