[Linux-cluster] RHEL 5.3: Joining fence domain hangs when selinux is enabled

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 06:38:32 UTC 2009

On 12/08/09 18:26, Ian Hayes wrote:
> I'm assuming that you're running the Targeted policy and not the strict
> policy...
>
> RHEL5 has a module for ccs, but I haven't taken it apart. The files for
> fencing may be incorrectly labeled or the policy doesn't allow fenced to
> run correctly.

It's largely an accident that RHCS ran with the SELinux targeted policy,
and it's never been supported.

For 5.3 some changes were made to the way aisexec communicates with its
clients that was not covered by the existing ccs policy, so it's now
broken in that configuration.

Support have some workarounds.

Christine