Re: [Linux-cluster] Is there any backup heartbeat channel

----- raju rajsand gmail com den ileti ---------
  Tarih: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:57:15 +0530
 Kimden:  Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju rajsand gmail com>
Yanıt Adresi:linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
   Konu: Re: [Linux-cluster] Is there any backup heartbeat channel
   Kime: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>

Greetings,

2009/8/12 Hakan VELIOGLU <veliogluh itu edu tr>:
Hi list,

I am trying a two node cluster with RH 5.3 on Sun X4150 hardware. I use a

IIRC, Sun x4150 has four ethernet ports. Two can be used for outside
networking and two can be bonded and used for heartbeat.
I think, I couldn't explain my networking. I use two ethernet ports for xen vm which are trunk and bonded ports. Then there left two. Our network topology (which is out of my control) available for one port for server control (SSH). I use the other one with a cross over cable for heartbeat. So there is no way for bonding these two interfaces. Of course if I buy an extra switch I may do this. I don't realy understand why there is no backup heartbeat channel. LVS and MS cluster has this ability.

ALOM can be used for fencing and can be on a seperate subnet if required.
I used this for fencing_ipmilan.

Regards

Rajagopal