[Linux-cluster] Is there any backup heartbeat channel

Hakan VELIOGLU veliogluh at itu.edu.tr
Thu Aug 13 08:14:01 UTC 2009

----- raju.rajsand at gmail.com den ileti ---------
   Tarih: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:57:15 +0530
  Kimden:  Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
Yanıt Adresi:linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
    Konu: Re: [Linux-cluster] Is there any backup heartbeat channel
    Kime: linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>

> Greetings,
>
> 2009/8/12 Hakan VELIOGLU <veliogluh at itu.edu.tr>:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am trying a two node cluster with RH 5.3 on Sun X4150 hardware. I use a
>
> IIRC, Sun x4150 has four ethernet ports. Two can be used for outside
> networking and two can be bonded and used for heartbeat.
I think, I couldn't explain my networking. I use two ethernet ports
for xen vm which are trunk and bonded ports. Then there left two. Our
network topology (which is out of my control) available for one port
for server control (SSH). I use the other one with a cross over cable
for heartbeat. So there is no way for bonding these two interfaces. Of
course if I buy an extra switch I may do this.
I don't realy understand why there is no backup heartbeat channel. LVS
and MS cluster has this ability.

> ALOM can be used for fencing and can be on a seperate subnet if required.
I used this for fencing_ipmilan.