[Linux-cluster] fence device

Jerome Fenal jfenal at redhat.com
Sun Aug 16 23:14:08 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 12 août 2009 à 09:08 +0200, LEROUX Ludovic a écrit :
> i have a linux redhat cluster with two redhat 5.3 nodes.
> I have a shared iscsi disk with gfs.
> And i created an oracle service which mounts the gfs file system and
> start an oracle instance in fail over mode.
> I have two questions:
> 1°) I don't have a fence device. Is it possible to create a cluster
> without a fence device?

Having a fencing device is mandatory for supportability.
You can open a support ticket to get directions in order to correct this
with your actual setup.

> 2°) is it possible to create a high available cluster with two or more
> nodes which works together (for example http server).

You mean multiple processes across multiple nodes for one service ?
No.

Regards,

J.

--
Jérôme Fenal, RHCE                                      Tel.: +33 1 41 91 23 37
Solution Architect                                      Mob.: +33 6 88 06 51 15