[Linux-cluster] vm.sh resource script

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 22:07:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 16:45 -0400, Thomas Sjolshagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use; "node1> clusvcadm -M <service> -m node2" in Fedora
> 11 w/latest cluster updates installed and get the following error
> message that I'm having a hard time deciphering/debugging:
>
> Trying to migrate service:svc1 to node2...S/Lang Script Error
>
> In /var/log/messages:
>
> Aug 14 16:44:08 node2 rgmanager[3210]: [S/Lang] Variable Uninitialized Error
> Aug 14 16:44:08 node2 rgmanager[3210]: [S/Lang] Script Execution Failure
>
> Not sure if there's something wrong with my cluster.conf or that error
> is indicative of something else?

It's a known bug.

You can't mix central_processing + migrate operation right now.

The central_processing mode _requires_ synchronous operation, but with
the older (Xen) tools, the man page explicitly documents that most
operations were asynchronous - consequently, 'xm migrate' may or may not
have completed at the time the command returned.

With current virsh agent, we can fix this behavior because the virsh
operations (including migrate) are expected to be synchronous.

I talked with the libvirt developers about this recently - the fact that
virsh operations are synchronous (despite also being documented to be
asynchronous [GRRRRR] in the virsh man page) -greatly- simplifies the
steps we must take surrounding VM migration, so we can fix it now that
we use virsh instead of 'xm' :)

Can you file a bug so I don't forget to fix this for cluster-3.0.2 or
3.0.3 ?

-- Lon