[Linux-cluster] Questions about rgmanager

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:05:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

Changing the cluster version reloads the rgmanager configuration, but
it restarts my custom resources despite the fact that they were "started"
(in clustat).

Just changing the cluster.conf version, not doing anything to my custom
resource makes this happen.

In the log I get the message  :
<info> Stopping changed resources
<info> Restarting changed resources
<info> Starting changed resources

which may be generic messages and then I see my resources being stopped and
restarted.

Sometimes, I also can notice that my service after being stopped, I have a
monitor action that is triggered that fails (normal service is stopped) and
that disables (status failed) completely the service.

I'm running Rhel 5.3 (I saw the post about VM's on RHel 5.2 which seems to
be similar).

I've tried to run rgmanager in debug (clurgmgrd -d) mode but it seems to get
stuck

Any idea on what I may be missing ?