[Linux-cluster] NFS client failover

Hi,

I have a small cluster which shares a filesystem via GFS on a SAN, with iSCSI. There are a couple of hosts external to this cluster which I would like to have access to the GFS filesystem via NFS. I have exported the same mountpoint on each of the hosts that have the GFS mount.

I can connect via NFS to one of these cluster hosts, but when it goes down, I have to unmount it, and then remount against another host. I suspect I could do something with a floating IP? but I was wondering if it would be possible to do this with client side logic so that the nfs mount automatically moves to a different working host if one stops responding?

I tried creating multiple A records in the DNS for a single host, and connecting to that hostname, but that doesn't seem to work. It seems to pick one of the IPs and stick to it. Any ideas?

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/