Re: [Linux-cluster] NFS client failover

On 25/08/2009 20:40, Mike Cardwell wrote:

I figured that failover would happen more smoothly if the client was
aware of and in control of what was going on. If the IP suddenly moves
to another NFS server I don't know how the NFS client will cope with that.

Well, it seems to cope quite well. The nfs mount "hangs" for a few seconds whilst the IP moves from one server to another (unavoidable obviously), but it then picks up from where it was. I suspect there will be file corruption issues with files that are partially written when the failover happens, but I guess that can't be avoided without a client side solution.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/