Re: [Linux-cluster] FS-Cache

On 27/08/2009 14:03, Steven Whitehouse wrote:

Are there any plans to make GFS work with FS-Cache?

http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/fscache/FS-Cache.pdf

Not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure it would make any sense to do so,

Hi. Can you explain why it wouldn't make any sense please? I have a GFS filesystem mounted over 100Mb iSCSI (I'm not in a position to upgrade the network speed at this time, but will in future). It's read heavy. Particular files will be hit very regularly. I just thought it would be nice if those files could be cached locally rather than repeatedly pulling them over the network...?

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/