[Linux-cluster] FS-Cache

Mike Cardwell linux-cluster at lists.grepular.com
Thu Aug 27 13:22:26 UTC 2009

On 27/08/2009 14:03, Steven Whitehouse wrote:

>> Are there any plans to make GFS work with FS-Cache?
>>
>> http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/fscache/FS-Cache.pdf
>
> Not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure it would make any sense to do so,

Hi. Can you explain why it wouldn't make any sense please? I have a GFS
filesystem mounted over 100Mb iSCSI (I'm not in a position to upgrade
the network speed at this time, but will in future). It's read heavy.
Particular files will be hit very regularly. I just thought it would be
nice if those files could be cached locally rather than repeatedly
pulling them over the network...?

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/